Docker Desktop 4.9.1 was made available today by Docker, Inc. It comes with Docker Engine 20.10.16 and Compose 2.6.0 for the first time. This new release is available to download for the new users as well as to update if you have existing 4.9.0 version installed in your system.
Here are few notable changes and new features introduced with this release:
- The new release added additional guides on the homepage for: Elasticsearch, MariaDB, Memcached, MySQL, RabbitMQ and Ubuntu.(see above)
- Added a footer to the Docker Dashboard with general information about the Docker Desktop update status and Docker Engine statistics
- Re-designed the containers table, adding:
- A button to copy a container ID to the clipboard
- A pause button for each container
- Column resizing for the containers table
- Persistence of sorting and resizing for the containers table
- Bulk deletion for the containers table
- The docker/disk-usage-extension was updated to v0.2.4. This extension allows you to view disk space used by Docker and reclaim disk space in one click.
- The Containers table has been re-designed.
- It is now possible to resize columns and bulk delete containers.
- Sorting is also now persisted
- New actions to copy the Container ID or pause a container is possible.
- Docker Desktop for Mac 4.9.1 Release Notes
- Download Docker Desktop for Apple Chip
- Introducing Docker Extension – YouTube
- Introduction to Docker Extension
- How to create your own Docker Extension
- Create Your First Extension
- Minimal frontend extension tutorial
- Minimal React extension tutorial
- Minimal docker CLI extension tutorial